February 9, 2011

Millennial Lessons

As I read through this blog post from Harvard Business Review, I realized that I have adopted one of the habits that many successful Millennials have also adopted -- scheduling and syncing.  I close out my Outlook email and calendar when I've scheduled myself to work on projects.  It is far too easy to be distracted by answering emails, or looking at the rest of my schedule for the day.  When I update my LinkedIn account, I also update my resume at the same time.  I found an app to sync my Outlook calendar with my Google calendar so it is updated on my smart phone.  I look for the tools that enable me to add events directly from one calendar (such as the one used by the College of Law) to my own. I categorize much of my information flow through RSS feeds in Google Reader.  Finally, I use digest emails, and periodically shut off updates that I never read. What do you do to keep up with updates? Email me so I can share ideas in future posts.