The following government programs have 3L deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. Details of these programs are provided in the 2011-12 Government Honors & Internship Handbook, located at https://www.law.arizona.edu/career/honorshandbook.cfm.
December 22, 2011
The following government programs have 2L deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. Details of these programs are provided in the 2011-12 Government Honors & Internship Handbook, located at https://www.law.arizona.edu/career/honorshandbook.cfm.
December 21, 2011
1Ls: Are you ready to get involved? Looking for small time commitment that makes a big impact? LCS is now accepting applications for its Ambassadors Program to help shape the policies of our office while also learning more about the services our office provides students and alumni. The application form can be found in the Symplicity Document Library.
Postgraduate Judicial Clerkships! Are you interested in pursuing a postgraduate judicial clerkship? Mark your calendars for 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25 to attend a presentation in 341 Lewis on Judicial Clerkship Application Nuts & Bolts, a presentation on the application procedures and resources that will ease the process. Bring your questions and don't forget to RSVP in Symplicity.
Graduating Students (3Ls/4Ls/LLMs): Please ensure that your graduation date is correct in your Symplicity profile. Email your advisor or our office (law_career [at] depaul.edu) if you need to update that. You will be receiving updates from our office based on that information.
Symplicity has unvieled its new student mobile website! You will now be able to access job postings, events calendar, surveys, and so much more! Login today to take a look!
Check out the new LCS Tutorials! From the shortcuts in Symplicity, you can access programs on using Symplicity, Professional Dress, and Technology in Your Job Search. The LinkedIn Tutorial is now available, and its intructions are available just below the LinkedIn icon in the Symplicity shortcuts.
Our office will reopen on Monday, January 2, 2012. We have already begun to schedule appointments for early January before classes begin so stop by or call (312-362-8385) to set up an appointment with your advisor!
Next Week's Calendar - check out Symplicity, the College of Law, and local bar association calendars for more events, training opportunities, and deadlines.
Tuesday, December 27
- 4:00 PM: Milwaukee Area Law Firm 1L Receptions, Off-Site
- Deadline: NACDL Diversity Essay Competition. Please see Job Posting #15468 for details.
- News and Announcements from the CBA
- Upcoming CLE and Volunteer Opportunities at the CBA
- CBA: Meetings for the Weeks of December 19, 2011-January 6, 2012
- Summer Funding Resources
- Etiquette Tip of the Week: Thank You for the Crummy Gift
- MPRE 2012 Information Booklet Now Available
- The DePaul Law Career Daily is out! http://bit.ly/p120WY ▸ Top stories today via @dfsaavedra @ipwatchdog @lawcareerist @uslawschools
- "Ask Keith" Video: How Do You Balance Networking and Managing Your Biz? « Keith Ferrazzi http://ow.ly/7TzWd
- Why Trust Matters More Than Ever for Brands - Deepa Prahalad - Harvard Business Review http://ow.ly/7TzVk
- Take a Ride in an Elevator for Interview Success - Student Branding Blog - Dan Schawbel http://ow.ly/7TzRn
- 10 Tips to Ace a Video Interview - On Careers (http://usnews.com) http://ow.ly/7TzP8
Law Career Services Location & Details: 340 O'Malley, which is across from the two new small classrooms (343 & 344), facing Jackson. To make an appointment or access your Symplicity account/reset your password, stop by or call the office at (312) 362-8385.
FINAL EXAM/BREAK OFFICE HOURS:
- Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
December 20, 2011
CLEAdvantage - CBA Member Discount CLE Plan: Members can attend most CLE seminars for only $125 per plan year. Seminars are also webcast at www.chicagobar.org and the West LegalEdcenter (see costs online). Ethics Jeopardy (1 PR Credit)
January 10/12:00-1:00 p.m./$30 Member/$60 Nonmember/$25 Gov't Member