September 16, 2011
3Ls/4Ls/LLMs: Are you interested in a government career? The Presidential Management Fellows nomination application is available in the Symplicity Document Library and is due by Noon on Monday, September 26, 2011. The USAJobs Vacancy # is: 519543
- Business Law, Corp. Doc: Forms & Best Drafting Practices Sub (IL MCLE Credit, Webcast)
Dan Cotter, Korey Cotter Heather & Richardson LLC, forming the business relationship and drafting issues in forming the relationship.
September 13, 2011
The 2011 DePaul Fall Job & Internship Fair is scheduled for October 7, 2011, which will be held on the Lincoln Park Campus in the Student Center. This event is open to all DePaul students and alumni, with several employers seeking candidate with experience. Additional information is available in Symplicity, including the participating employers as of September 8, 2011. Check here for Registration Information.
CLEAdvantage - CBA Member Discount CLE Plan: Members can attend most CLE seminars for only $125 per plan year. Seminars are also webcast at www.chicagobar.org and the West LegalEdcenter (see costs online).How to Form an Illinois Business Entity Part 1 (2.75 IL MCLE Credit): September 15/2:00-5:00 p.m./$80 Member/$160 Nonmember/$60 Gov't Member
September 12, 2011
The following government programs have 2L deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. Details of these programs are provided in the 2011-12 Government Honors & Internship Handbook (login/password links are in the Symplicity Announcements.)Fall Programs
• Department of Commerce – Office of General Counsel Legal Internship Program (Paid & Unpaid, Deadline 09/15/11)Spring Programs
• Department of Education – Office of General Counsel Legal Internship Program (Unpaid, Deadline Rolling, but preferred by October)
• Smithsonian Institution – Office of General Counsel Legal Internship Program (Unpaid, Deadline 10/01/11)
The following government programs have 3L deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. Details of these programs are provided in the 2011-12 Government Honors & Internship Handbook (login/password located in the Symplicity Announcements).
• Federal Trade Commission – Bureau of Competition Entry Level Attorney Program (Paid, Deadline 09/15/11)
• Comptroller of the Currency – Law Department Chief Counsel’s Employment Program (Paid, Deadline 09/16/11)
• Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General – Fellowship Program (Paid, Deadline 09/16/11)
Free Passport Photos from AAA - September 13
On Tuesday, September 13, AAA Chicago will be at the CBA Building from 11:00 am-1:30 pm offering free passport photos, insurance quotes (auto, home, renters and condo) and travel tips to members.