We hope all of you are enjoying the start of the summer season here in Chicago or elsewhere!
2012 OCI Announcement Box Live and Orientation Video Available: The 2012 OCI Announcement Box is now live on the Symplicity homepage. As the summer continues, please be checking this Box regularly for news and information about the On-Campus Interview Program occurring this Fall. Please remember that OCI Orientation Attendance is REQUIRED to participate in the OCI (On-Campus Interview) programs.
IndyBar Diversity Job Fair-- Registration Due June 18th: The Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) cordially invites Fall 2012, 2L law students (graduating May 2014) to participate in the IndyBar Diversity Job Fair. Click Here for More Information
Stay on Track for your Professional Development this Summer: Law Career Services has created two Career Development "To Do" Lists (one for 2Ls & 3Ls and one for new grads) to help you stay on track with your professional development this summer. You can find them in Symplicity's Resources tab; search with keyword "summer" to find the "To Do" List appropriate for you.
Resume Review Period Opens Soon: Law Career Services now require resume review and approval by your advisor only once every academic year. Starting June 18th, that resume review period will re-open. Please keep your eyes peeled for an email next week with additional details.
Reminder: Class Year/Graduation Date Updates: As the semester comes to a close, many of you may be changing programs and/or your graduation dates. Please check your Symplicity profile to ensure your graduation date is correct and if not, please email your career advisor immediately. We do not receive any updates from Campus Connect. Please email any changes as soon as possible as we send out job opportunities and OCI information specific to class years.
LCS Hours: LCS has implemented its summer hours. Ten Minute Advising will not longer be scheduled until the Fall and our office will be open Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-5:00pm an Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm.
Next Two Weeks' Calendar - check out Symplicity, the College of Law, and local bar association calendars for more events, training opportunities, and deadlines. **PLEASE NOTE: All Deadlines mentioned on the Symplicity Calendar will now be noted in the 9:30am slot of the deadline date. These include application and RSVP deadlines.
Saturday, June 9
- 11:00 AM: Chicago Botanic Garden Tour, Off-Site
Wednesday, June 13
- 12:00 PM: Job Search at the Next Level: LinkedIn, Conference Call
- 6:00 PM: Welcome to the Alumni Association, Off-Site
- 7:30 PM: Compliance, Compliance, Compliance: Corporate America's Fastest Growing Career - 60 Minutes with Richard Hermann, Webinar
Saturday, June 16th
- 11:15 AM: Alumni Event: Arlington Park Racetrack Outing, Off-Site
Monday, June 18
- 9:00 AM: On Campus Interviews (OCI) Resume Review Opens
- 6:00 PM: WALRAA's Diversity Committee Presents: Summer in the Capital: A Fall Recruitment Preview for Law Students & Employers, Off-Site
Friday, June 22
- 9:00 AM: Women Everywhere Community Service Day, Off-Site
Latest Law Career Services Blog posts:
- CBA News and Announcements
- 2012 Hispanic National Bar Association Annual Career Fair
- IndyBar Diversity Job Fair: Registration Due June 18th
- Stay on Track for your Professional Development this Summer
- Upcoming CBA Volunteer Opportunities
- Upcoming Government Honors and Internship Deadlines
- Chances Are, After the Online Job Application, No Human Eyes Will Ever See Your Resume
- Volunteer for the City of Chicago Department of Law
- Summer Externship with the Illinois Department of Human Rights OGC
- Class Year/Graduation Date Updates Needed
- 5 Tips for Faster Bar Exam Essays http://ow.ly/bppiz
- Protect Yourself From the Start With Engagement Letters http://ow.ly/bpoEm
- Tips for Summer Associates on Getting an Offer http://ow.ly/bpoAw
- Solos: Avoid Practicing Law in a Vacuum http://ow.ly/bpodU
- Why You Must Dream Big if you Want a Career you Love http://ow.ly/bpnZ8
Come visit us in 340 O'Malley, which is on the north side of the building, facing Jackson Boulevard. We have computers, a resource library, and lounging space as you work on your job search and professional development tasks.
Law Career Services Location & Details: 340 O'Malley, which is across from the two new small classrooms (343 & 344), facing Jackson. To make an appointment or access your Symplicity account/reset your password, stop by or call the office at (312) 362-8385. We have computers, a resource library, and lounging space as you work on your job search and professional development tasks.
OFFICE HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.